Monday, April 18, 2016

A Tethered Falcon...




A Tethered Falcon

My heart sits on the Arm of God
Like a tethered falcon
Suddenly unhooded

I am now blessedly crazed 
Because my Master's Astounding Effulgence 
Is in constant view.

My piercing eyes, 
Which have searched every world 
For Tenderness and Love, 
Now lock on the Royal Target-- 
The Wild Holy One 
Whose Beauty Illuminates Existence.

My soul endures a magnificent longing.

I am a tethered falcon 
With great wings and sharp talons poised, 
Every sinew taut, like a Sacred Bow, 
Quivering at the edge of my Self 
And Eternal Freedom,
  
Though still held in check By a miraculous 
Divine Golden Cord.

Beloved, I am waiting for You to free me 
Into Your Mind 
And Infinite Being. 
I am pleading in an absolute helplessness 
To hear, finally, your Words of Grace: 
Fly! Fly into Me! 
~Hafiz




No comments:

Post a Comment