Friday, November 17, 2017

I Can Remember...



I can remember the first moment 
when I had an awakening 
and an awareness of something higher than myself.
I was 10 years old 
the snow was falling hard and I put on my snowsuit
and went outside in the dark 
and fell on my back to make a snow angel. 
I looked up at the night sky 
and a million stars 
twinkled my way 
while big beautiful flakes silently fell. 
Smoke was coming out of my mouth and nose 
and the crisp cold was refreshing and numbing at the same time.
The stillness and quiet penetrated deep into my being 
and I had a long moment of presence.  
I was connected to the Universe 
and everything was connected to me.
At that split second a vastness within myself 
opened and permeated everywhere.
My machine bowed to honor the entrance of my soul. 
I felt like I could stay there forever.
~P



No comments:

Post a Comment