Wednesday, June 6, 2018

As I Try to Learn...




As I try to learn to live more in the movements of the heart, 
I am often surprised by the creative way my machine blocks me. 
As I take baby steps to stay present longer, 
I am often overwhelmed by the immensity of feelings
which my machine would rather control, 
and dole out bit by bit with lots of practical solutions. 
But when I am able to hold through the initial shock, 
and progress into the heart of the moment, 
(always with the gift of self-remembering close at hand, 
to allow me safe passage) 
I am surprised time and time again 
by the beauty of the terrain, 
the newness of realizations, 
the absence of anything false, the certainty of what I need to do. 
I guess this is what Rodney means 
when he says that really the emotional center is PURE; 
we do not need to make it so, 
it just IS, if we enter into it fully. 
~J

academyofeuropeanarts.com


No comments:

Post a Comment