Monday, July 30, 2018

A Few Weeks Ago...

 
William Holman Hunt


A few weeks ago we were in St. Paul’s Cathedral here in London 
and we were delighted and surprised to see a painting, 
that both Mervyn and Renee had frequently spoken about, 
The Light of the World by Hunt, a pre-Raphaelite.
“Behold, I stand at the door and kneel; 
if any man hear my voice, and open the door, 
I will come in to him,
and will sup with him, and he with Me.”
It struck me that this is true of all of the conscious beings, 
that if we are still, present and concentrate 
on that conscious being they will come to us.
A few months before Mervyn went to the other side 
we were celebrating his birthday at his schoolhouse in Queretoro.
We were all enjoying ourselves when he said, 
stop, you aren’t present. 
The rest of the evening was a meeting.
I was double fortunate because I was sitting next to Mervyn 
and could see his presence and being reflected back
in all the faces looking at him! 
Mervyn and all of his fellow conscious being 
are so close and reaching out to us.
This reminds me of a quote Renee liked,
 if we take one step toward G-d, 
he will take a thousand steps towards us.
~J 

Academyofeuropeanarts.com


No comments:

Post a Comment