Monday, August 27, 2018

I Had A Piercing Moment...



I had a piercing moment in my small terrace garden 
several years back. 
In presence, 
I was regarding the plants which were in a riot of growth, 
both planned and unplanned. 
As I started to weed and prune, 
I realized this was a lesson for my life. 
Sometimes we need to clear away what is unnecessary, 
in order for harmony and beauty to shine forth. 
Sometimes it is the unquestioned complications of our lives, 
the trivia, the excesses, which take over. 
In order to get back to the heart of things, 
sometimes it is important to clear the detritus away. 
Hard to see this, to see what these things even are sometimes. 
But when we see past the I's
and the unnecessary struggles to "survive," 
a calmness takes hold, 
and what is real can come into view. 
We need to tend the gardens of our lives carefully.
~J

academyofeuropeanarts.com


No comments:

Post a Comment