Monday, February 11, 2019

Understanding Is Such An Elusive Goal...


Niklas Malmros


Understanding is such an elusive goal, 
at times it seems to me almost impossible to reach. 
I find myself struggling often with impenetrable feeling, 
as if I am stuck far underground, 
and yet suddenly, 
I can shoot up from the darkness 
and a beautiful clarity comes, 
which to my surprise has been calmly waiting for me to see it all along. 
Sometimes all the pieces are in full view, 
and have been for some time 
and yet they simply haven’t formed themselves into the shape of the whole. 
Sometimes I am already living the answer, 
and yet cannot see it in its full meaning. 
I feel so strongly the importance of metaphor, 
of seeing poetically and symbolically. 
Sometimes the power of a piercing artistic expression
can surprise my heart
with the deeper meaning of a situation 
or take away the sense of struggle.
~J


academyofeuropeanarts.com


No comments:

Post a Comment