Wednesday, February 19, 2020

I Had An Emotional Experience ..



Evelyn DeMorgan


I had an emotional experience 
of watching a video of me from the 1980's, 
performing in a string quartet with John Denver. 
It was a rare chance to see myself so clearly, 
so compassionately as my younger self, 
remembering all I struggled with then. 
It was like saying hello to a younger sister. 
It gave rise to the realization 
that we can only do 
what our being allows us to do in each moment. 
And yet we MUST do the BEST of what we can do. 
And I felt such compassion for my younger self, 
and so much love. 
This gave me such immense scale to my life's trajectory, 
and such gratitude 
for where all my struggles have brought me. 
And the gifts along the way, 
each helping me like angels.
~J


 academyofeuropeanarts.com



No comments:

Post a Comment