Friday, July 9, 2021

The Flowerbeds Were So Beautiful...

 



The flowerbeds were so beautiful - 
ordered and structured. 
They introduced me to the beauty of fragrance 
and to a world of beauty and order. 
I felt that I was feeding something inside 
when I looked at flowers. 
I wish that then I knew what I know now - 
that a man’s Soul, 
once reawakened, 
needs food of the highest order, 
and that food is impressions. 
I squandered countless hours 
gazing at those beautiful flowers 
without understanding how to digest them. 
Now I know that I was drawn to beauty 
because my Soul could see beauty, 
but hadn’t grown up enough to know how to feed on it. 
My Soul didn’t know how to exit my body and was relegated, 
like a doomed prisoner, 
to observe life through the bars of his cell, 
watching impotently at the passing world. 
I must have got that right because now, 
forty years later, 
I can see each of those moments 
as if they just occurred. 
I realize that my clearest memories 
were filled with joy and sadness, 
when my Soul must have been watching. 
That meant that all the other memories 
occurred when my Soul was asleep or away." 

~ Mervyn


academyofeuropeanarts.com




No comments:

Post a Comment