Friday, March 10, 2023

The Academy…




The Academy, 

which has been and continues to be a gift. 
I can say that 
while the machine 
holds gratitude for this space and opportunity, 
it is not an overly emotional gratitude. 
This is because 
the equation of personal work 
and soul is complex.
I had no conception 
of what it meant to "work on myself" 
when I met the Academy and Mervyn. 
It is only after the long process (for me) 
of trying to Remember Myself, 
a struggle that is still ongoing, 
that I am able to begin 
to stand on the foundation 
of all that School and Work represents. 
This is where my thankfulness resides. 
Because it is the process of seeing myself 
in the eyes and I's of you, 
my fellow students, 
that I am able to begin 
to shed that which false in me 
and hopefully begin 
to be filled with that which higher.
~J



academyofeuropeanarts.com 




No comments:

Post a Comment