Monday, October 7, 2024

I Have A Great Fondness...


Vincent Van Gogh


I have a great fondness for Van Gogh. 

Recently I learned some new information 

about him from a movie, 

“Eternity’s Gate” I think, 

with William Defoe, playing him. 

There was a scene where Vincent 

climbed up some very craggy 

and difficult rocky landscape 

(a proper Hike!!!) with all his painting gear. 

And then he saw the entirety 

of the landscape about him from up high, 

and painted it, like a map, 

the fields the houses all the borders between. 

It reminded me of Growth in being 

and how as we take in pain, 

suffering impressions life itself. 

We must give back and look to a broader view. 

Like lightening, 

the intense energy entering the container of the body, 

it has to be grounded, interpreted. 

And I love his effort in doing that.

~C



https://linktr.ee/academyofeuropeanarts




No comments:

Post a Comment