Friday, April 19, 2019

As I Sit Here...



Gates of Paradise-Lorenzo Ghiberti

As I sit here I have verifications every day.
 
 
But they are not the big sexy ones 
about huge higher states, 
and the Gods piercing me, 
or my soul seeing the inside of an orange 
or floating under the noses of people at King of Hearts dinners 
(as Mervyn used to describe).
No. 
Mine are once again noticing when I am negative, 
identified, seeing my body type 
and feature over and over and over again.
The machine then produces I's that say,
"hey man, you've been in the Work
for a long time. 
Isn’t time to graduate from these?”
But what else can I do? 
This is what I am shown. 
These are the doors I am going through. 
Yes, there have been major experiences that propel me forward. 
And I constantly try to push myself to deepen my understandings. 
But I have to be real
and patient and trust and, 
for me keep serving.
~J


academyofeuropeanarts.com


No comments:

Post a Comment