Friday, June 19, 2020

I Was Sitting...



Tawny Chatmon

I was sitting one evening with R, a student there.  
It was a cold winter’s night 
and we were sitting in front of the fire 
at the local Starbucks.  
R was a great gift to me.  
He was full of deep and probing questions 
and opinions to do with esoteric and spiritual subjects 
so there would be lots of food for the inner world 
to be nourished with. 
It was an enthusiastic and happy evening, 
all the while trying to stay present 
to the conversation and each other.  
All of a sudden it was like a pressure release and Pop! 
There he was  shimmering 
and forever renewing in front of me.  
I saw in him a reflection of what lives within me, 
an eternal renewing presence 
without beginning or end.
~M


academyofeuropeanarts.com




No comments:

Post a Comment