Thursday, September 6, 2012

A Moment With Rembrandt


A Moment With Rembrandt...

Sitting a top the steps ... at the entrance of The Getty Museum... with coffee and a chocolate chip scone.  A beautiful morning ... sun shining and warming the skin ... a cool gentle breeze containing the intoxicating scent of flowers ... clear sky for miles providing an amazing view of Los Angeles and the ocean ...awaiting the familiar faces of fellow souls ... and Rembrandt just through the doors.  There I was ... balanced ... in this perfect moment.


There really are few words, if any, to express the affects of Rembrandt on my inner world ... yet the effort is made to share with you.
 
Standing in a room, surrounded by Rembrandt I feel to be transported "outside of time".  A glance to a fellow student ... verifies we ARE there ... yet something else is Present as well.

To the eye of my machine ...I observe it is not really attracted to the art ... yet my inner world is feasting!  It moves my machine to a particular painting ... and my inner world soars.  I look through my eyes ... into the left eye of the painting looking back at us ... everything around me goes into a blur ... the state has soared higher.  A "knowing glance" is shared with the students standing there.  This split second felt as though our ancient selves (souls) looked out from our machines ... and greeted and acknowledged each other.  I am honored and humbled by this moment.

I observe this lifting of energy as the same feeling experienced sometimes at meetings ... and in the Presence of my Teacher ... "the nameless" has entered the room ... and one JUST IS ... Present to eternity.


No comments:

Post a Comment