Wednesday, October 31, 2018

As A Student...



As a Student of this Work now for nearly 20 years, 
I observe shifts in my Being,
and that of other students around me. 
These shifts in Being take a long time.
and are where our Real Work is. 
It is LOVE and Hydrogens that are the fuel for this Work. 
But, alas, it is Work. 
Let's not pretend otherwise. 
We go to meetings for years. 
For decades. Many of us have tremendous Knowledge. 
We can recite journals forward and backwards. 
Know every intricacy of the Body Types, 
Center of Gravity and the 48 Laws. 
We can analyze paintings for all of their esoteric meanings. 
But this is just the first step to awakening. 
Let's not get stuck here. 
Understanding is where patience and work begin to go deeper. 
Beyond Knowledge. 
Understanding happens in the heart. 
After years, the light bulb suddenly goes on! 
Oh, that is what Mervyn meant
when he said man is not yet finished! 
It is not yet the 7th day! So many "ah ha" moments
happen with Understanding. 
I cannot possibly share them all!
And then, finally,
after year and years of truly Working on one’s self, 
looking honestly at our mechanics, 
our sleep -- 
Being begins to grow. 
We soften. "Get behind me!!!" Mechanics -- 
I Know You. I Understand You. 
Now my Being is going to put you in your place. 
Only as my Servant. My Body Type is not my master!!! 
It is not even me. 
It is my car. 
And Knowing all about my car does not make me Awake.
As Students, all we study -- the system, 
the journals, the meetings...
All of that Knowledge actually makes something HAPPEN. 
The Soul Grows. Being SHINES from us. 
We are "different." 
We are swans on the lake.
Being grows in Life. 
Being sparks in a meeting, 
but it is really doing the Work, 
seeing ourselves with a willingness to change — 
that is the wisdom that actually evolves us, 
changes us, 
makes us better humans.
~E


academyofeuropeanarts.com


No comments:

Post a Comment