Monday, May 17, 2021

I Find That The Mind...

 


I find that the mind can still be quite busy 
even when the body is quiet. 
But I've also found that praying to God first 
with words and asking for His grace to enter 
and transform the I's into stillness works. 
Sometimes it takes me 20 minutes of meditation, 
wrestling with the I's and praying for grace, 
again and again, 
until finally that huge wave of complete still 
elevated state of God enters. 
When He does arrive, it is bliss. 
Complete transformation of state. 
If I never do my part 
to prepare my vessel for such a transformation, 
that kind of Grace seems much less likely to be given. 
So I do my Work, prayer with the lips, 
taking in impressions, 
inviting higher teachings into the mind, 
imagining the magnitude of Creation, 
and crying out to the Divine inside my heart. 
But the state itself is altogether different. 
I know you all know this.
~E


academyofeuropeanarts.com




No comments:

Post a Comment