Friday, May 27, 2022

I Am Moved...

 

Marc Chagall


I am moved to share a little something 
about the nature of moving into a state of presence 
when I first joined the work 
and it ties in with duality. 
We came together, 
us students, 
to hear Mervyn talk about the work. 
We would gather, 
and as I understand it now, 
Mervyn was reading the room. 
How many different I's 
were needing to be attended to 
in his addressing of machines first. 
He gave our machines their space 
and in his voice, 
in his countenance, 
slowly he gave the okay to the machines 
in the undercurrent of lulling them to compliance 
and after so many words, whatever it took, 
in time – silence. 
He brought silence. 
It was not passive, nor active. 
It just was a lifting presence we all felt. 
I do not need to know everything. 
I know love. 
Maybe it is words are so imperfect yet we strive to use them. 
And I add to that, 
I do not need to know everything 
WHEN I know love.
~M


  academyofeuropeanarts.com




No comments:

Post a Comment