Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Good Advice



Good Advice...

I remember sitting with Mervyn one day.  I was telling him that I was considering not attending meetings for a little while because I was having friction with a student. Mervyn said that it was all the more important that I continue without interruption to attend meetings.  He said that even though I was encountering friction, that missing meetings would be allowing my machine (mind/body) to make the rules for my  Work.  He reminded me that it was something in my machine that was having friction with the student, and that it was the students' mechanics and not their soul that was causing me to lose energy.  By not allowing my machine to buffer (put up walls or blocks) would provide me with insights about my mechanics and ultimately my  feature.  In turn, this would help me to put the I's in their proper place and begin to see beyond my own as well as, the mechanics of the other student.  Lastly, he encouraged me to see that there was a soul growing in the other student, and that they could be a strong third force (motivation) for me to continue to Remember My Soul.  I took his advice...."and that has made all the difference..."

No comments:

Post a Comment