Monday, June 18, 2012

As I Lay in the Garden...


As I Lay in the Garden...


As I lay in the garden of the retreat,
every one of your faces were flowers,
 And our Souls were the grass 
 and the soil and the rain that nurture life,
And the sun was the Spirit that 
 fueled the fires in the centers of our hearts.
And in one moment while walking alone in the Guest House, 
gratitude welled up inside of me;
Gratitude for the freedom from identification and imagination
which act as shields over my Heart.
Because with them, I can not Be with you or Love you
the way I was able to Love you,
nor can I receive the Love you are 
 willing to reflect back to me.
Our retreat was like a garden
where I was married to our Souls...
not to any one thing, or face, or idea
but to the Invisible that to us was Visible.
What a Blessing to have a Heart that can remain open to Love,
A Heart that accepts what is offered
with a Grace
that can only be given to us by God.
 
Thank you for laying down in the garden with me 
where our sole occupation was
 Love.....


No comments:

Post a Comment