Monday, May 29, 2023

When I Let Myself Really Feel...



Edvard Munch


When I let myself really feel my jealousy 
or pride or excitement or any strong emotion, 
really let myself indulge it, 
I find that I can't really sustain the feeling. 
It's actually uncomfortable and feels forced. 
I think it's because those aren't stable emotions. 
For example, 
if I let myself really go with a jealous “I”, 
I find myself having to justify it, 
back away from the negativity 
and draw in associative i's.
That's because I know that I am letting myself be false, 
even as I am feeling the jealousy. 
I know my part in it 
and where I am going "off the rails”. 
It's uncomfortable, yet it's in me. 
And again, 
our work is to hold the i's and not be identified. 
I know it’s the only place 
where I can find truth and something constant.
Further clarification - 
I am exhausted when I indulge in these strong emotions. 
My mechanics can't hold on to them. 
That’s a sign 
that many of our I's 
are NOT real - 
illusions, delusions, shadows.
~J



academyofeuropeanarts.com






No comments:

Post a Comment