Wednesday, June 29, 2011

St. Theresa de Avila



"I saw an angel very near me, towards my left side, in bodily form, which is not usual with me; for though angels are often represented to me, it is only in my mental vision. This angel appeared rather small than large, and very beautiful. His face was so shining that he seemed to be one of those highest angels called seraphs, who look as if all on fire with divine love. He had in his hands a long golden dart; at the end of the point methought there was a little fire. And I felt him thrust it several times through my heart in such a way that it passed through my very bowels. And when he drew it out, methought it pulled them out with it and left me wholly on fire with a great love of God." The pain in her soul spread to her body, but it was accompanied by great delight too; she was like one transported, caring neither to see nor to speak but only to be consumed with the mingled pain and happiness." 
~ St. Theresa of Avila

We each have an Angel to guide us, 
each morning we wake up and each evening 
we lay our heads down to sleep 
let us thank this incredible being and continue to ask for their 
divine assistance in everything we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment