Monday, February 4, 2013

In You and In Them

by Guido Cagnacci


We meet fellows on the path...
THE MIRROR IS IN YOU AND IN THEM!
The soul wants so dearly to evolve to go forward.
Yet here comes the age old principle discussed
 by Christ and his disciples about "loving one’s enemy" 
The enemy is in all of us and this feeling of reaction
 and non acceptance towards others
 is a test that I have failed dismally many times.
Through this failing something started to grow
 ...very slowly at first but it is growing
and I am grateful maybe I could call it mercy
 ...maybe compassion.

Like our friend Walt Whitman explains
"I do not ask the wounded man how he feels
 I lean on my cane and observe...
I myself become the wounded man"
Taking in this kind of impression
 takes a lot of being no doubt about it,
yet it is time to do this in our Work
OR WE WILL NEVER GET BEYOND


No comments:

Post a Comment