Monday, March 12, 2012

The Twelfth Night




For me, William Shakespeare's, "The Twelfth Night" speaks to the I's (thoughts)  that run rampant in our hearts.

We are multitudes -
The fool (Malvolio) and wise-man; wise enough to play the fool (Fieste);
The inner-world searching for love (Viola and Sebastian, twins) and the machine searching for love (Orsino and Olivia, count and countess);
Our good intentions that seem to be forgotten and even scorned (the sea captain, Antonio);
Our myriad features that revel in the games of this life (Sir Toby Belch, Maria, Fabian).

As random as the events of our lives seem to be, as fragmented as my life seems to be from yours; we are all part of the Divine play. Even our Souls must trust, just as Viola and Sebastian trusted that the gods would unravel their knotted play.

As the Ides of March approach, "The Twelfth Night" reminds me that we are many players that compete for attention on the stage of our lives.

I remind myself that, despite all my efforts, as strange and senseless as I can be to myself:  I am understood by God - perfectly.

I am reminded to TRUST His perfect time and TRUST His perfect Love.
Because all will turn out - perfectly.







No comments:

Post a Comment