Tuesday, April 6, 2010

SOUL'S BREAKFAST - Day Fifty-five















Dear Fellow Students

Our ultimate aim is to learn how to love. Rumi shares, with beautiful words, a little from his understanding on this matter.

WHERE YOU LOVE FROM

Love, Charlie


Look inside and find where a person
loves fromThat’s the reality,
not what they say.

Hypocrites give attention to formthe right
and wrong ways of professing belief.
Grow instead in universal light.

When that revealed itselfGod gave it
thousand different namesthe least
of those sweet-breathing names being,
the one who is not in need of anyone.

You’ve so distracted me,
your absence fans my love.
Don’t ask how

Then you come near.
“Do not…” I sayand
“Do not…” you answer.

Don’t ask why
This delights me. 
In your light I learn how to love.
In your beauty, how to make poems.

You dance inside my chest
where no one sees you,
but sometimes I do,
and that sight becomes this art.


Drumsound rises on the air,
its throb, my heart.
voice inside the beat says,
“I know you’re tired,
but come, this is the way

Are you jealous of the ocean’s generosity?
Why would you refuse to give
this love to anyone?

Fish don’t hold the sacred liquid in cups!
they swim the huge fluid freedom


~Rumi                          

No comments:

Post a Comment