Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Angels, The Lover and The Beloved


The Angels, The Lover and The Beloved


If you ask me what I see through my eyes, 
This is what I would say 

No matter who we are to each other in life 
Woman to man, woman to woman, man to man 
Friend, foe or lover 
At this point, outside the realm of time 
We sit here 
Open, placid and vulnerable 
Connecting at the crossroads of silence 
The stillness indicates our moment 
As we gaze into each other’s eyes 
The portal to higher worlds opens 
Allowing for the angels to enter 
The flow of breath remains the only sign left of mortal life 
As our souls join in a Eucharist of thanksgiving 
I am your lover, and you, my beloved 

The concept of familiar fades as the curtain lifts 
Brightness and shading alters 
Darkness turns to light 
Light to dark 
Perception of depth moves into another reality 
The invisible becomes visible, and likewise the same 

Like a welcomed guest, I enter your dwelling 
The veil is removed 
Remnants of other masks appear in succession 
Africa, Asia, North and South

The persona morphs, while your inner world remains the same 
One by one, you bear your soul with love 
White light emanates from your silhouette 
You sit there on a throne crowned in glory 
Void of banal thoughts, irreverent feelings, and senseless motion  
Your expression softens as you become an open conduit to the gods 
Ready to be filled with sweet nectar 
I am delighted by our union 

An incredible lightness of being lifts me upward 
The heart of each of my palms opens to greet the angels 
In gratitude of this heavenly gift 
Our wings unfold and we embrace one another
For I am your lover, and you, my beloved.


No comments:

Post a Comment