Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Just Desire Me


 Just Desire Me....

Occasionally I would write things an show them to Mervyn. Sometimes he read what I gave him and simply nod. Other times, he made a funny remark or would say something like: “That’s nice."

One day I gave him a sheet of paper with the poem and he said, “May I answer this for you?”  Of course, I said yes! He asked for a pen and started writing and then he gave it back to me.  His words are in parenthesis:


  
Enticing You, my sweet Beloved,
is the longing of my soul.  (There is no need to entice,  just desire me)
At the gift of Your precious presence
Making me shiver with delight:
         I dare not move…
         I dare not speak…
         I almost dare not breathe…  (Be still and see “I am God.”)
Am I the lover You desire?
Am I the one You wish to touch?  (You are already mine – it is you who left)
Teach me how to delicately handle
all the blissful moments I am with You;  (Be still and wait)
for the more I try to hold You,
the more elusive You become,  (I cannot belong to you, only your Soul)
certain, in Your playful flirting,
of my everlasting crave for You. (When it is everlasting I am there and the crave vanishes)
Other lovers may be wary,
But that is clearly not my case;
for the flame You ignited in me
through your pranks and child-like baits,
has melted away caution
and burnt all my traits,   (Yet you blush, hide and be elusive)
making of my being,
an easy target for Your Aim.  (It must be a “willing” target)

~T

No comments:

Post a Comment