Monday, July 11, 2011



Come, said my Soul
by Walt Whitman

Come, said my Soul
Such verses for my Body let us write, (for we are one,)
That should I after death invisibly return,
Or, long, long hence, in other spheres,
There to some group of mates the chants resuming,
(Tallying Earth's soil, trees, winds, tumultuous waves,)
Ever with pleas'd smiles I may keep on,
Ever and ever yet the verses owning – as, first, I here and now,
Singing for Soul and Body, set to them my name  
 


Some moments pierce us and some moments simply pass us by. I believe that the gods try to work through us as though we were an open vessel.To let go of fear, to let go of negative emotions, to destroy accounts to rise above the laws we are under and become light, to just 'be'.
This is when we can channel that love, that energy and that inspiration. It is not 'ours' but it is that which works through us. It is that which is sacred and heals. It is that which is real. To bravely surrender that which we do not need is to receive a higher love. In the beauty of life sings life's brutality, and so, we must die and become reborn again. Just as every cell in our bodies is doing at every moment, so do we in our soul.
S


No comments:

Post a Comment