Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Heart...A Dialogue




Online Meeting
Sunday, July10, 2011


I addition to their regular meetings, students of the Academy gather online each week 
to share in Presence and understanding. 
Below are excerpts  from today's meeting.



F:
I see the heart as the link between the body and soul. As students of awakening the heart is our entry into higher realms. The heart has the raw material for us to grow in being and in light; to reach within and to reach upwards.

The heart is the starting point to understanding and the temple of the mystic’s life. In the heart resides, love, compassion, devotion, and faith. The heart is the source of all great love stories, all deep longings of lovers, all creative energies and mysteries. To awaken the heart is higher than to awaken to consciousness.

S:
 I have been pierced without expecting it. I was surprised and could not buffer the experience of the heart. It is important to keep remembering the moments of the heart and not deny them or make them smaller than they were.  Rodney Collin said, 

“It is important to affirm, affirm, affirm.”

N:
The heart carries such an important role for a mystic.

“The beauty of the heart is the lasting beauty. Its lips give to drink of the water of life. Truly it is the water, that which pours, and the one who drinks. All three become one when your talisman is shattered. That oneness you can't know by reasoning.”
~Rumi

J:
 I see how important meditation is while experiencing a painting or playing music. I see how easily I go to words to buffer the experience of the heart, to seek solutions to pain, to try to connect through being "reasonable."

I'm beginning to learn to be still and to speak less. Now it becomes more uncomfortable to be caught up in so many words. If I wait a moment and try to absorb a painting, the words of a friend, the full experience of the morning air, I have a chance to let my inner world respond instead. Then the words, if they are words, or just the hug or smile, can emerge instead from my inner world, which has been waiting in the wings.
 
N:
Yes, it is a constant effort to learn to stay in the heart since our mechanics weigh heavily.    I look at the heart at this tiny organ that has the potential a gateway to cosmos.  Daily life creates I’s and we forget the beauty of our heart easily. Rodney Collin says,

One needs to listen to the heart. It will tell things so clearly what must be done, what must not be done.”
 N:
  I love the following from Meher Baba.

“The Word that I will speak will go to the world as from God, not as from a philosopher; it will go straight to its heart. With the dawn of the realization of the Unity of all life, hatred and dissension will come to an end. There will be unfaltering love and unfailing understanding and men shall be united in an inviolable brotherhood, based on the realized Oneness of God.”

The heart has the power of peace on earth, unity of man, and the awakening of the souls. When I think about the potential of love, I want to nourish my heart everyday

J:
When we live in our hearts, we lose that which divides, that which is not essential, that which buffers our REAL existence. The real meaning, the Unity of us all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment