Sunday, October 30, 2011

Acceptance..


Meister Eckhart ...


The German mystic, Meister Eckhart has been such a wonderful guide for me.  Sometimes I want to suffer for the sake of awakening.  This is just another way that the false part of me keeps my soul a prisoner. "Thinking," is the problem, acceptance is the answer I have been given. 

_______________________________________
 
    " And so in my view the most important thing of all is that we should give ourselves up entirely to God whenever he allows anything to befall us, whether insult, tribulation or any other kind of suffering, accepting it with joy and gratitude and allowing God to guide us all the more rather than seeking these things out ourselves.  Willingly learn all things from God therefore and follow him, and all will be well with you.  Then we will be able to accept honor and comfort, and if dishonor and discomfort were to be our lot, we could and would be just as willing to endure these too.  So they can justifiably feast who would just as willingly fast."


No comments:

Post a Comment