Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Delicate Balance...




The Delicate Balance...

 

"When the stars threw down their spears and watered heaven with their tears.


Did he smile his work to see? Did he who made the lamb make thee?"

 

-"The Tyger", William Blake.

 

These are just two beautifully balanced and constructed sentences, describing to me what awakening is really about. We begin by seeing that our soul is encapsulated inside a machine. We are often reminded, "We are always beginning"; it is part of awakening.

 

We cannot continue as children in this work, we were all there already. I have seen for myself how we have matured and become wiser. We see we cannot deny the machine it’s functions, but only balance them in the delicate dance of life. I can gain much pleasure in sharing the senses with the soul. I cannot "overcome" or" fight with all my strength "these are words my machine enjoys using to describe awakening; alas the machine does not awaken.

 

I am learning compassion for my failings. In a similar way a parent gives recourse to his child while he patiently learns a new skill. Our beautiful souls have been born; and there is great sustenance for them to feed on, we are" limitless" and the machine is" limited" there is no excuse but to embrace each moment and all our lepers too.

 

I have to work more, to receive, "Divine Assistance." We all must persevere, and recognize the delicate balance, between the' lamb and the Tyger.'

 

~C 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment