Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I See Now...

 
I See Now...
I know that this process of remembering is a divine trust and agreement with God. We are not asleep, then suddenly awake; much patience is required in this journey. Then much suffering, until the soul gently peers through the great organ called our body.

The limitations of the mind and body can appear to be endless and frustrating.  Meher Baber said the "biggest prison on earth is our body." Hafiz likened the body to a pot, for all its attempts, the smoke never suceeds in throwing off the stone. For that a teacher must come and lift it away.  Similarly a bird cannot open its cage from the inside.

I see now more clearly this shadow I call myself; its lifetimes of adventures, false beliefs, ungrateful longings. In presence the soul is my cup for God to pour into. In trust my soul is rested and my eyes truly see what is meant to be seen. I stand in your presence with my heart open.

No comments:

Post a Comment