Sunday, November 6, 2011

A Dialogue


A Dialogue on the Soul in Life...


Student:
How do I  find the balance between intellect and the soul?  Between fairy tales and the real world?  How can the sheep and the wolf lay down together and sleep?  I am afraid I am confusing many things about being awake...  It feels like logic and consciousness don't go together.

Mervyn Brady:
The Soul is not the body. It is a completely different entity. The Intellect is just a function of the mind which is binary and works on yes and no, just like computers. The intellect studies God and a stone with the same enthusiasm.You are awakening that dormant Soul and it can observe the machine at work.

Student:
I'm in the process of deciding to change careers.  I wanted to be a doctor since I was a child.  If feels that I have to be very smart and aggressive to make my move.

Mervyn Brady:
You probably don't realize it yet but you life has been changed forever. To be an engineer or a Doctor is no longer the big question. It is "To BE or not to BE."  I would imagine you will need the Intellect on life level to see if being a doctor is feasible etc. Can you afford it etc.

Student:
This is when I fear losing myself.  While digesting all feelings and emotions it felt that I could make my career change. Now, fear of failure sets in.

Mervyn Brady:
My experience is when people feel they are "Losing Themselves" they are in fact "Finding Themselves." Remember you are not the thoughts but what is observing then. You are new to this work and need to spend some time in the presence of presence. You have to spend time being present to understand the complexities of the the words.




No comments:

Post a Comment