Thursday, March 4, 2010

SOULS' BREAKFAST - Day Eighteen

Dear Souls:

As I complete my octave this morning, I would like to offer some words from our beloved teacher Rodney Collin. These words on love, faith and happiness pierced me and brought me back to understanding the aim of our school. 

From The Mirror of Light, Chapter 8.

"Faith is Love of God: hope is love of ourselves; charity is love of our neighbor. The more will the more charity; the more charity, the more love.  Faith is the acceptance of a reality which we feel but do not not understand. Hope is confidence in the love of God. He has hope who has confidence, he who has confidence has love, he has love who gives his attention to others.

Love is not voluntary; it is a grace. He who has received the grace to pray has received no small mercy from God. We should pray for the grace to love God. There is no love that is not a grace- love of flowers, love of animals, love of people all love is a grace. The greater the soul the more God's love can be transformed. Soul is will; it takes will to transform the love of God into charity. "

" If I know that one day I shall see God, if I think of that, how can I help smiling with happiness ? If I am shown day and night all the beautiful things there are in the world surely I should smile. If I see children coming and they are the true thing, life that is coming, the future, for that I ought to smile.  To laugh is not real, to cry is not real, but to smile is real. We should go through the work smiling. We are filled with the love of God when we are happy. Happiness is the realization of the union of everything clean with God."

" Our heart is a mirror in which we see the reflection of the world; if God is in our heart we see Him everywhere."

I  have been honored to prepare these breakfasts for your souls for the past nine days. It has allowed me to explore the pantry of the Gods and find the ingredients for this mutual feasting. May we continue to share in this loving exchange. I pass the baton on to Evelyn and Elias for the next 9 days.

Thank you for receiving my offerings with Love, Fayina

No comments:

Post a Comment