Monday, March 1, 2010

SOULS' BREAKFAST - Day Ten




I thank Annalisa for this octave of daily nourishment. It is an expression of love to our school and to each other. As we have breakfast together every morning,  I treasure this daily connection to you all.
It is with great joy that I pick up the baton for the next 9 days and offer you some breakfast treats that have enriched my soul. 
I have looked through some email archives and found Mervyn's emails to the school quoting his favorite conscious being -  Walt Whitman whom he called " A Teacher of man in his future".
Today I included the passages that Mervyn himself chose to share 10 years ago. 
Remembering Mervyn, Remembering you, 
Remembering myself. Love Fayina


------------------

From The last verses of the Song of the Open Road

My call is the call of battle, I nourish active rebellion,
He going with me must go well armed,
He going with me goes often with spare diet, poverty, angry enemies,
desertions.
Allons! the road is before us!
It is safe--I have tried it--my own feet have tried it well--be not detained!
Let the paper remain on the desk unwritten, and the book on the
shelf unopened!
Let the tools remain in the workshop! let the money remain unearned!
Let the school stand! mind not the cry of the teacher!
Let the preacher preach in his pulpit! let the lawyer plead in the
court, and the judge expound the law.
Camerado, I give you my hand!
I give you my love more precious than money,
I give you myself before preaching or law;
Will you give me yourself. will you come travel with me?
Shall we stick by each other as long as we live?

---------------------


From The Leaves of Grass
Sit awhile wayfarer,
Here are biscuits to eat and here is milk to drink,
But as soon as you sleep and renew yourself in sweet clothes I will certainly kiss you with my goodbye kiss and open the gate for your egress hence.


Long enough have you dreamed contemptible dreams,
Now I wash the gum from your eyes,
You must habit yourself to the dazzle of the light and of every moment of your life.
---------------

This hour I tell things in confidence
I might not tell everybody
But I will tell you.

I am the poet of the body,
And I am the poet of the soul.

I do not ask who you are...
That is not important to me,
You can do nothing and be nothing but what I will infold in you.
It is time to explain myself...
Let us stand up,
What is known I strip away...
And I launch all men and women forward with me into the unknown,
The clock indicates the moment.

-----------------



I celebrate myself, and sing myself
and what I shall assume, you shall assume
For every atom belonging to me
as good belongs to you.

I loafe and invite my soul
I lean and loafe at my ease
observing a spear of summer grass.


With Eternal Love, Fayina

No comments:

Post a Comment