Friday, March 5, 2010

SOULS' BREAKFAST - Day Twenty-one


Beloved Souls,
It was a wonderful day of self understanding and liberation when I discovered that movement was my meditation!
I was at the dojo practicing AIKIDO.  With sword in hand I mirrored my Sensei – I turned when he turned, cut when he cut, slicing the air, cutting the imaginary attackers in front of me, then graciously turning and cutting the imaginary attackers behind me, turning and cutting, turning and cutting.  It was a elegant  waltz, with one cut clearing negative emotions, another cut clearing false personality, another cut clearing imagination…  and in the end, after all the sword cuts, all that was left was love.
The beautiful sweeping movements at the dojo inspired me to take dance lessons.  I have found that a beautiful waltz will get you to that same state of love, and is even better than the dojo, because instead of looking at the tip of your sword as you move, you are looking into the eyes of the one you love!
 Enjoy the dance!
Love,
Evelyn

P.S.  In Japanese, AIKIDO means: “Peace, Harmony, The Way”

My Brilliant Image
One day the sun admitted,
I am just a shadow.
I wish I could show you
The Infinite Incandescence
That has cast my brilliant image!
I wish I could show you,
When you are lonely or in darkness,
The Astonishing Light
Of your own Being!


HAFIZ

No comments:

Post a Comment