Saturday, March 6, 2010

SOULS' BREAKFAST - Day Twenty-four


Beloved Souls,
 I am very familiar with “God’s Ward” – beaten and broken I have dragged myself there countless times.  Each time, with patience, love and tenderness, I was mended and sent back out into the world.
 My machine is clever and very convincing – with logic, righteousness and a pinch of paranoia, she would explain to me why Divine Invitations must be ignored.  And like a fool, I would listen.  Sometimes, if her argument was weak, all she had to do was remind me that if I accepted the Divine Invitation, I would be giving up control – I always used to fall for that one! 
 Thank you all, you have made me a bit smarter.
 Now, when I recognize a Divine Invitation, I reach for my plum colored lipstick, I put on a fun dress that I can twirl in, step into my dancing shoes and say “Beloved, I’m ready – let’s dance!”
 Love,
Evelyn

A Divine Invitation
You have been invited to meet
The Friend.
No one can resist a Divine Invitation.
That narrows down all our choices
Two just two:
We can come to God
Dressed for Dancing,
Or
Be carried on a stretcher
To God’s Ward.


HAFIZ

No comments:

Post a Comment