Thursday, March 18, 2010

SOULS' BREAKFAST - Day Thirty-six


 Gratitude to a friend …
 I do not know if it is by fate or accident, but it was arranged for me to be exposed to Mervyn only now. 
Like walnuts so is this being called Ran Cohen. It has a hard shell around it.
This shell was cracked… in another school, in a different time, by different means.
The mud over my eyes was so thick and when removed briefly my amazement from my ignorance of myself was complete. 
My previous teacher last words for me before he finished his journey on this earth were “Kid, this work is for Lovers” and then I met the Academy.
Meeting the warm and sincere NY students, Trisha and Lauren that was visiting at the time, left me with the experience of arriving back home.
The hammer that was useful to crack my shell has run its course. If it will be applied to the heart of the walnut it will dismember it.
When the heart is exposed, different means are required.
I am learning them from you, from Mervyn through you.

Listening to his recording, reading out loud pieces from Walt Whitman… “I celebrate myself …”  and I almost burst into tears with his deep voice asking me to Remember… Remember Myself… Remember my Soul.

I miss Mervyn
I miss him very much; I miss him from the bottom of my heart.

I had the experience of thirst for nourishment of the soul while in the wilderness…  where no one seems to offer a hand… walking alone… and now you are here. You are so happy to help in so many different ways... and I am very grateful  for all of you - beautiful souls. 
It is not in me to finish by offering infinite Love or Light yet, but it is very real for me to finish with deep friendship, humility and gratitude.

Good morning dear friends.
Ran   

No comments:

Post a Comment