Thursday, March 11, 2010

SOULS' BREAKFAST - Day Twenty-nine


Dear friends,
This morning we travel to ancient China to sit with this mysterious giant -  Confucius.
 Confucius claimed he only transmitted what had been taught to him…
From the analects (Lun Yu):
The Master said, the good man does not grieve that other people do not recognize his merits. His only anxiety is least he should fail to recognize theirs.
The Master said, in the presence of a good man think all the time how you may equal him. In the presence of a bad man, turn your gaze within!
The master said,  Even when walking in party of no more than three I can always be certain of learning from those I am with. There will be good qualities that I can select for imitation and bad ones that will teach me what requires correction in myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment