Saturday, March 20, 2010

SOULS' BREAKFAST - Day Thirty-eight


Image: Rembrandt van Rijn, Portrait of a Boy in Fancy Dress, a.k.a. the Artist’s Son, Titus, c. 1655, The Norton Simon Foundation, Pasadena, California

                         Rembrandt: Titus


Beloved Soul:
Sometimes, we cannot tell the instrument through which help
may come. It is not required. All that may be hoped for is
that we receive what is given. Like this anonymous prayer ...
Wish you Grace,
Noble


Prayer found in Chester Cathedral

Give me a good digestion, Lord
And also something to digest.
Give me a healthy body, Lord
With sense to keep it at its best.
Give me a healthy mind O Lord
To keep the good and pure in sight,
Which seeing sin is not appalled,
But finds a way to set it right.
Give me a mind that is not bored,
That does not whimper, whine, or sigh.
Don’t let me worry overmuch
About the fussy thing called “I”.
Give me a sense of humour, Lord.
Give me the grace to see a joke
To get some happiness from life
And pass it on to other folk.

Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment