Monday, September 19, 2011

Aim....



I remember as a young Student some students would keep talking about "Aim" and I would listen in awe at their "Being." Why, one of them even walked up and down the avenue to the house 44 times reading the "Fourth Way" backwards, and only breathing every 5 steps! It was amazing because when I tried to do that, I almost fainted from lack of oxygen and I hit my head on a tree twice!  He smiled and told me not to worry; I just must "strengthen" my aim. I felt very inadequate and made an Aim immediately to start work on this great project. Then I went back to the house and had lunch, and that was the end of That Aim.

This illustrates, that we come up with Aim for all sorts of madness. We have to look at "why do I want to have this aim? " Aim is simple to a man on the way once he has grasped that it has nothing to
do with his "Willpower" It is to do with the reason that starts the Aim. If I see a Mel Gibson movie and see him scrambling over a wall in two seconds, my machine might fancy learning to do that, and I might start this wonderful aim of scrambling over my back wall and finding it took me 45 seconds.

So great, now we have an aim, and the track suits come out and the head gear and the sweat clothes and I bring it down to 15 seconds after two weeks of scrambling. Boy,  am I now pleased!  But what part of me is pleased? The machine of course. It is the machine which is strengthened, not my inner world.

So we must be careful with Aims. We can end up strengthening the machine if we are not careful. So to conclude on this point -  It is not advisable for a machine to set its OWN aims as it will only be to that machines advantage.

Ask your teacher or someone who can See you to give you a little aim. And be very careful not to DEFEAT your inner will. It is MOST important for a student NOT to allow aims to defeat his will. He
has no will to begin with and the machine in its ignorance can become too much for the little lamb struggling to emerge for a few moments.

~Mervyn


No comments:

Post a Comment