Saturday, September 3, 2011

A Visit to Ouspenky's Grave....


 A Visit to Ouspenky's Grave....

In silence we walked slowly towards the right hand side of the graveyard and I wondered what the scene must have been like on the day they buried Mr. Ouspensky here. I was not coming here to mourn the loss of a teacher and friend, we were not wringing our hands in dispair and wondering how we would, or if we could, survive without him? No, we were his fruits coming back to adore and thank him. We were not sad, but joyous, not lost but found, not his denying force but living examples of the survival of his great work. I knew he would be pleased.

When my eyes fell on the words P.D. Ouspensky, the emotions kicked in vigorously, and it hit home to my intellect where I was and in whose presence I was standing. Even after many years in the Work, the manifestations and quirks of the machine amaze me. I wished to create a moment that perhaps could stay with me forever, so I sat down on a nearby tomb, rested on my stick and ran the internal video camera. I know from experience the machine often tries to create such moments and fails. The best way is to be still, and let the inner world, note, and see whatever it wishes.  I began to sense and feel the presence of "The Wise Silence" and I lowered my head in respect. 


~Mervyn

No comments:

Post a Comment