Tuesday, September 20, 2011

..And then I am blessed

...And then I am Blessed

I realized that each moment I struggle to let my
inner world guide me.  I can only work with the present. I don't have
a clue where tomorrow will lead. Yet, it's like that
in everything, isn't it? We work toward the
future, but we never know what it will bring. All we
truly have is now. This moment, and this presence.

Tomorrow I may not be here. So why do I
live and plan for it so much? My machine loves to compartmentalize
--to put each item, labelled, into a little drawer.
The struggle wears me out.

...And then I am blessed by a moment of BEING. I'm able
to look, see the moment, feel my breath, experience a
shock of seeing another student, or having a beautiful
dinner, and my soul gets the food it needs to lead me.
The realization of this is the greatest gift I could
imagine.

~C




No comments:

Post a Comment