Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Dialogue about "Shocks"......




Excerpts from the Academy Online Meeting
Sunday, September 11, 2011


R: What is the importance of Shocks in our Work?

F: I feel that shocks are wake up calls for us, and for everyone today’s date is a reminder of how asleep we are. Shocks are necessary to awaken the machine from slumber and I feel need to be strong enough to pierce us into presence.


J: I had a gift of a serious shock in the form of a car accident, during which, as my car careened out of control, I was convinced I was about to die.  As the car glided through space, I had to let go of all hope of being able to DO anything.  I then experienced a sudden peace beyond imagination, and a sense of childlike wonder about my own impending death.  In that moment, as the shock allowed my soul to completely separate from my body, I was given a first glimpse of the immense beauty of this passage, and I realized that the buffers I had about my own demise had been removed forever.

This was an immense gift that allowed me to start to see what was really important in life. In the context of this amazing discovery, I no longer had to base my actions on fearing my mortal end. It allowed me a first conscious glimpse of my immortal soul, in all its beauty.

R: Why is then that some shocks are buffered more intensely while others pierce us deeply?

F: I feel that shocks are designed by the Gods and are buffered when we are not ready to let go.  As a student, I have had increasingly intense states with other students because my machine is willing to let go of the protective shield and allow for that experience of intense light to penetrate. In the past I could not contain the energy of those moments. These are the positive shocks that change our state and being forever.
  
S: I feel shocks are always there. They are the God’s way of trying to reach us. The more asleep we are the bigger the shock. Sometimes little shocks help me to look at situations from a different scale.

J: I have found that my features will win out and buffer a photograph that is shocking. But that if love enters, and I can see the pain I have caused, I will be able to work past the buffers and see a painful thing about myself.

R: Shocks represent a shift in the normal patterns of our lives and are guaranteed to occur in life, whether we want them or not. But in the awakening process, through being present, we are inviting shocks from the Gods.

S: I feel shocks are there for the machine to keep up with the pace of the soul. We are already fixed and whole; the machine does not believe it.

R: I feel that just as important as the manner in which we receive a shock, is our openness to allowing the process of digestion to occur. Shocks can take years to digest, and serve to pierce us over and over as our level of being grows, as we are able to view it from the passage of "time." 


No comments:

Post a Comment