Saturday, September 10, 2011

Moments...




 Moments
 
A reflection, maybe a scent, an open view and I am back,
Back to where I belong, back to where I yearn to stay 
but for now can only visit.
Now my visits are longer, 
sometimes my friends come with me
and marvel at the scene, 
watching the moonbeams dancing before our eyes.
We sit and watch the world dissolve,
the spoken word too heavy for our ears,
Listening only to the shrill silence of ourselves,
And wait….. in shivering anticipation to see if They are near.
Then to drink – oh!  that sublime nectar,
Which feeds that part of us which meat cannot touch. 
And then maybe to fly - to worlds not heavy with life and flesh,
But free of form and unchanged through time, 
And to hear Their song and nestle in Their arms.
And when we must leave – it is not sad,
only a reminder Of what we were and what we may become.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment