Sunday, September 25, 2011

Realizations...



Through time this beautiful work has taught me not to
look outside myself for answers or contentment. Desiring
only brings more suffering. I have discovered that when the
energy is removed, my machine actually wants to desire more.
Maybe those I's that pull me into the mire of discontent
will never go away. 

I have discovered the equivalent of a war happening
within me; a mental war with what feels like a terrible
enemy. I am beginning to see this enemy as very worthy
and a really dirty fighter - it often kicks me when I am down.
Can I really remain so naive?

Mervyn had a painting in his house of Venus. She calmly
faces you straight from the picture. Cupid is trying to
steal her apples and generally being an annoyance. Venus
has  one leg over a branch and there is water with reflections
in the background showing us DUALITY. Venus overcame
the duality or recognised all that was false and always faces
us with the pure power of love.

I realize how long and humble the process is to become wise. 
I know that my heart is my strongest ally in my battle.

~ C

No comments:

Post a Comment