Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Miracle

The Miracle...

I have spoken to many of you about what I call "The Miracle..."

It was a beautiful moment I experienced in Mexico when Love and I became one. When silently and without much warning, I looked into the eyes of someone who was present, and who in that moment was filled with Love, and who became the mirror for a moment which allowed me to see the great Secret. The Princess kissed this old frog, and in that moment I saw who I was. I became potentially complete.

I saw that Love was as important, if not more important, than awakening. I realized that Love without the effort to awaken was doomed. A mere whipping boy to spur one on to seek oneself. I realized something that many Holy Men have missed: That the effort to awaken must coincide with the emergence of the possibility of "Love". 

I saw that each time a person has been lashed and left wounded by Love, they fail to see that they misused it, and in their pain, cannot or refuse to see themselves. Rilke called man "We wasters of suffering." Perhaps each time Venus comes to Tea, the wonderful anticipation we feel is really the anticipation of finally meeting ourselves.
~Mervyn

No comments:

Post a Comment